Director of Marketing
Virtuous Software is building software to help nonprofits create more good in the world.
The Director of Marketing position will be responsible for driving new leads and upsell opportunities to the Virtuous sales team through a variety of channels. This position will work directly with the CEO and head of sales to oversee all marketing activities (organic, paid, events, referrals, product marketing, etc). As part of this job a qualified candidate will:
- Create strategic messaging to maximize demand for Virtuous CRM. Focus on messaging that communicates the highest value to potential customers.
- Test and optimize demand channels (digital channels, non-traditional channels, content marketing, PR, events, partner co-marketing, etc). Testing and a scientific approach to marketing is key!
- Create a strong demand funnel based on the best demand channels. Optimize Customer Acquisition Cost and Lifetime Value while finding ways to shorten the sales cycle.
- Work closely sales leadership to optimize the sales process after leads are transferred.
- Manage marketing agencies for paid ads, pr, etc
- Create landing pages, ads, copy, blog posts and other assets to drive demand. This is a hands-on role!
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience and proven track record of leading successful customer acquisition and marketing efforts
- Experience designing and building successful digital campaigns (email, marketing automation, landing pages, etc)
- Expertise with Google Analytics, marketing platforms (e.g. Hubspot), and other digital marketing tools
- Expertise developing high-quality partnerships that drive your company’s goals
- Expertise in demand generation for B2B SaaS
- Experience in areas of strategic marketing and planning, branding, positioning, market research, and managing marketing channels
- Experience with nonprofits and service-based organizations a plus
- Basic design and HTML experience a plus
- A passion for cause marketing and brand messaging
- Ability to connect with customers and identify needs and trends
- Focus on analytical and process-driven marketing
- Exceptional leadership and communication
- Energetic, passionate, visionary, engaging and high integrity
- Ability to take your work seriously without taking yourself too seriously
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Relentless and little bit competitive